Update: I’m officially VCA410-DT # 106
This morning I sat for the new VMware View related exam VMware Certified Associate – Desktop. I didn’t get to do much studying but figured since I was going to be at the testing center all day today anyhow I might as well fill up some time.
As normal I’m not supposed to regurgitate test questions, but what I will share are some general tips.
- Know how to troubleshoot every aspect from Servers to End points
- Know how Local Desktops work.. .even if you don’t use them
- Know the View Administrator Web interface inside and out
- Know the View Client Application for windows inside and out
- Make sure to know how to pull log files from every component of View
- Know the differences between desktop pools
- Know what each type of desktop pool does
- Know what features each type of desktop pool provides (Like ability to refresh or recompose, can do linked clones or cannot and stuff like that)
- Setup a test environment and break it A LOT (this will help you understand what is happening when a user calls in and says problem X is happening)
- Know the stages of provisioning and of desktop pools
This is only a broad overview, I will admit that I have read the View Design Guides and the View Administrators guide both cover to cover… I’m sure that helped a lot. But probably the best thing that I have done to prepare for this exam has been setting up and administering our company View environment as well as setting up environments for our customers.