Veeam has officially released 7.0 R2 … which includes support for VMware vSphere 5.5 and Microsoft Server 2012. I was able to apply the patch and start backups for a customer running vSphere 5.5 this morning, so it does seem to work.
- vSphere 5.5 support, including support for 62TB virtual disks and virtual hardware v10 virtual machines.
- vCloud Director 5.5 support.
- Support for Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1 as guest virtual machines (VMs).
- Added ability to limit maximum amount of active VM snapshots per datastore to prevent it from being overfilled with snapshot deltas. The default value of 4 active snapshots can be controlled with MaxSnapshotsPerDatastore (REG_DWORD) registry key.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V and free Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 support, including support for Generation 2 virtual machines.
- Support for Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1 as guest virtual machines (VMs)
- Support for System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager (VMM)
- Support for the installation of Veeam Backup & Replication and its components on Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1.
Aside from the major stuff like vsphere 5.5, vcloud director 5.5, and hyperv 2012 R2 support….. one of the coolest things I see is the ability to limit the number of VM snapshots. This should save customers a boat load of problems.
You can download the new patch from the KB article site here.